Friday, January 30, 2009

viva la chain letter

There's this "25 random things" going around Facebook right now. As I'm always thinking of my non-Facebook peeps, I'll copy mine here. This one goes out to Mom, Dad, S1, and the rest of you who haven't (yet) joined. (All together now: Dude, shut up about Facebook already.)

1. I have hitchhiker's thumbs.
2. I love llamas and the color orange.
3. I love surprises. I hate static shocks.
4. I would estimate that I have only personally purchased 25 percent of my wearable items. The rest have been gifts and hand-me-downs.
5. I am quite certain that at some point I will actually calculate the exact percentage of non-purchased wearable items that I own.
6. I want a bunny. I think.
7. I just had this conversation with Mr. Galore: "What do you think is a random thing about me?" "You like bunnies." "I already put that one."
8. I love it when people describe me as "quirky."
9. In May of my freshman year of high school, I tripped over a hurdle, fell on my face, and fractured my cheekbone. Two weeks later, I stepped on an oyster shell and was on crutches for 10 days.
10. I like to compete for the sake of competing. Most of the time I don't care about winning. I lose a lot of bets this way.
11. I am, however, competitive about spelling.
12. When I typed that, I misspelled "competitive." No joke.
13. I love my job, and recognize what a rarity and blessing that is.
14. I hate loud noises, small spaces, and drafts of air. Airplane bathrooms combine all three of those things, and I never use them if I can help it. I also try to avoid elevators, blenders, vacuum cleaners, and fans.
15. Mr. Galore and I are ridiculously in love. We try not to be annoying about it, but I imagine we fail occasionally.
16. I love my life. I also have what I hope is a healthy nostalgia for other times of life that I loved: running track in college and living in San Francisco for MVS.
17. When things just work out, I take it as a sign that they're meant to be.
18. I have a really good memory for things that I see written down, but am terrible at remembering the events of my life. I wish it was the other way around.
19. I cannot say enough good things about Ballard (my neighborhood).
20. I draw nearly exactly the same way I did when I was seven.
21. I put high value on honesty, integrity, communication, and community.
22. I am the rare urban ethnic Mennonite.
23. I'm much better at spending time with myself than I used to be. But I still get bored when I'm brushing my teeth.
24. I first wrote this last night and have changed at least five items since then. As soon as I post it, I will think of more things to add, come up with better phrasing for things, and have to fight the urge to amend it.
25. I'm a different person than I was five years ago, and a very different person than I was a decade ago. But I still feel that I've been me all along.

No comments: