Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Albums: 2010 version

Last week, Pastor Matt promised to read my 2010 top albums list if I posted it. Looking back, I actually only had listed 9, so with the benefit of an extra year of perspective, I'm added the final choice and am pretty pleased with my selections:

Top 10:
  1. Deerhunter – Halcyon Digest
  2. The National – High Violet
  3. Mimicking Birds – Mimicking Birds
  4. The Head and the Heart – The Head and the Heart (Sure, it's on lots of the lists for 2011, but this is for the self-release which actually landed last year.)
  5. The Black Keys – Brothers
  6. Yeasayer – ODD BLOOD
  7. Janelle MonĂ¡e – The ArchAndroid
  8. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross – The Social Network
  9. Wolf Parade – Expo 86
  10. Frightened Rabbit – The Winder of Mixed Drinks
Honorable mentions:
  • Siskiyou – Siskiyou
  • Holy F&*% – Latin
And now that it's almost 2012, maybe I can get this year's version out in a more timely fashion.

No comments: