Sunday, November 11, 2007

while in pennsylvania ...

... someone who knows I'm a vegetarian served me a dish with meat in it and didn't tell me until after I had eaten it, it was insinuated to me that environmentalists are affiliated with Scientologists, and I had this conversation twice:

Me: I work for an environmental website.

Other person: So global warming is the big thing, huh?

Me: Yep, global warming is a big deal these days.

Other person: But of course it isn't being caused by humans.

On the plus side, I saw sheep, chickens, a peacock, bears, an emu, llamas, goats, cows, and horses. It was a very successful trip, farm-animal-wise.

2 comments:

heidi said...

Oh, Pennsylvania.

Anonymous said...

wow. there are so many intelligent people in the world. glad they could enlighten you, Mrs. Galore- i mean, honestly... GET WITH THE PICTURE!

how sad.