Monday, May 26, 2008

Pela

While Mrs. Galore was off enjoying the nature on a female-only camping trip with coworkers, Mr. Galore took an opportunity to enjoy a bit of the finest music Ballard had to offer. Mr. Galore was actually invited on said camping trip, but providing the "token male" perspective and talk of clothes and nail polish (authors note: Mr. Galore doesn't actually subscribe to this stereotype) can get old.

Thanks to an introduction at last year's KEXP barbecue, I've come to love the band Pela and was even able to introduce them to a friend of the Galores at last night's show.

I think this about sums up their passion and energy for rock-n-roll:



If you have an aversion to loud noise, the following slightly tamer acoustic rendition might be better:

1 comment:

heidi said...

I kept wondering throughout the show how sore they must get (necks etc) after shows...but I guess if they do it all the time maybe it's not a problem?
It was a fun show. I was glad I came along!